Published
5 years agoon
By
Adubianews
The British High Commission to Nigeria, Ms. Catriona Laing has said the British Government will return to Nigeria £4.2million being part of the funds so far recovered from friends and family members of former Delta State Governor, James Ibori.
The disclosure was made on Tuesday, March 9, 2021, in Abuja. She said this was the first tranche of such planned returns.
According to Laing, what is currently being returned were retrieved from friends and family members of Ibori.
She noted the Ibori case is complicated and the United Kingdom authorities were still working on the total actual amount involved in the case, The Nations reports.
Laing, who spoke at a ceremony for the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between both countries in Abuja, assured more of such recoveries from the Ibori case would be returned to Nigeria in due course.
Nigeria’s Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, who signed for the country, disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the returned loots be deployed to completion of the second Niger Bridge, the Lagos to Ibadan expressway and the Abuja to Kano expressway projects, The Nations reports.
Details shortly…
Asiedu Nketia Uses NDC Thank You Tour to Collect Feedback on Government
Speaker Urges Executive to Grant Parliament Permanent Land
Finance Expert Warns Cocoa Reforms Could Worsen COCOBOD Debt
Jinapor Swears In New VRA Resettlement Trust Fund Board
Minority Demands Dismissal of COCOBOD CEO Over Cocoa Price Crisis
OSP Questions Baba Jamal Over Alleged Vote-Buying in Ayawaso East Primary
Police Arrest Woman Over Fire Incident at Alpha Hour Founder’s Church
NRSA: Commercial Tricycles Still Illegal Under Ghana’s Road Traffic Laws
NADMO Launches Rainy Season Safety Campaign in Fanteakwa South Markets