Published
5 years agoon
By
Adubianews
President Akufo-Addo is expected to begin series of engagements with some public interest groups beginning with the media on Thursday, July 8,2021.
Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah disclosed this in an interview with Ghone TV a while ago in Accra.
Last week, the President accepted the request from the Ghana Journalists Association to honour four previous journalists of the year with vehicles who till date have not received any reward for their award.
President Akufo-Addo donated a made in Ghana VW sedan for the 2019 Journalist of the Year and said he felt that if the previous winners also get some, it would bring equity.
The President made the promise when the leadership of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) led by its President, Roland Mr Affail Monney and some previous journalists of the years paid a courtesy call on him the Jubilee House on Monday.
President Akufo-Addo said in so far as the current winner has got it, I think there is a need to have this certain equity in seeing to it that the past winners also get, noting that “I think very soon we will make sure that the four past winners which are on my lists are also duly honoured”.
Asiedu Nketia Uses NDC Thank You Tour to Collect Feedback on Government
Speaker Urges Executive to Grant Parliament Permanent Land
Finance Expert Warns Cocoa Reforms Could Worsen COCOBOD Debt
Jinapor Swears In New VRA Resettlement Trust Fund Board
Minority Demands Dismissal of COCOBOD CEO Over Cocoa Price Crisis
OSP Questions Baba Jamal Over Alleged Vote-Buying in Ayawaso East Primary
Police Arrest Woman Over Fire Incident at Alpha Hour Founder’s Church
NRSA: Commercial Tricycles Still Illegal Under Ghana’s Road Traffic Laws
NADMO Launches Rainy Season Safety Campaign in Fanteakwa South Markets