Published
5 years agoon
By
Adubianews
The decomposed and decapitated bodies of eight persons have been found in a valley of the 11 Miles axis of the Federal Highway on the outskirts of Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
The Nation reports that local farmers found the bodies and raised the alarm which attracted some travellers and passersby on Tuesday, April 13.
Confirming the incident, the spokesman of the state command of the Nigeria Security Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) Eremi confirmed that the discovery of the bodies, which consisted of seven males and one female.
He said for now no one knows how the bodies got there or who killed them. He added that an investigation into the incident has since commenced.
Eremi said the appropriate authorities have been informed for the purpose of evacuating the bodies from the place.
A resident of the state who spoke on condition of anonymity alleged that the bodies may have been those of suspected criminals killed extra-judicially. He supported his claims with another allegation that a similar incident, “with four dead bodies occurred last month in the same area and one of the bodies identified at that time was that of a crime suspect fondly called Ekpri-Ntoe who was declared wanted by the State government.
The state police command is yet to comment on the incident.
Asiedu Nketia Uses NDC Thank You Tour to Collect Feedback on Government
Speaker Urges Executive to Grant Parliament Permanent Land
Finance Expert Warns Cocoa Reforms Could Worsen COCOBOD Debt
Jinapor Swears In New VRA Resettlement Trust Fund Board
Minority Demands Dismissal of COCOBOD CEO Over Cocoa Price Crisis
OSP Questions Baba Jamal Over Alleged Vote-Buying in Ayawaso East Primary
Police Arrest Woman Over Fire Incident at Alpha Hour Founder’s Church
NRSA: Commercial Tricycles Still Illegal Under Ghana’s Road Traffic Laws
NADMO Launches Rainy Season Safety Campaign in Fanteakwa South Markets