Published
5 years agoon
By
Adubianews
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has claimed that last year’s #EndSARS protest against police brutality was aimed at removing him from office.
Buhari said this when he appeared on Arise TV on the morning of Thursday, June 10.
The president stated that those who participated in the protest have made Nigeria unattractive to investors.
He also blamed the protest on the dwindling inflow of foreign direct investment to the country.
In response, he said, “This question was answered last year when there was the #EndSARS protest. You remember the young people that wanted to march here and remove me?”
He added, “Tell the young people to behave themselves and make the country safe, then we can attract real investors to the country”.
Asiedu Nketia Uses NDC Thank You Tour to Collect Feedback on Government
Speaker Urges Executive to Grant Parliament Permanent Land
Finance Expert Warns Cocoa Reforms Could Worsen COCOBOD Debt
Jinapor Swears In New VRA Resettlement Trust Fund Board
Minority Demands Dismissal of COCOBOD CEO Over Cocoa Price Crisis
OSP Questions Baba Jamal Over Alleged Vote-Buying in Ayawaso East Primary
Police Arrest Woman Over Fire Incident at Alpha Hour Founder’s Church
NRSA: Commercial Tricycles Still Illegal Under Ghana’s Road Traffic Laws
NADMO Launches Rainy Season Safety Campaign in Fanteakwa South Markets