Published
5 years agoon
By
Adubianews
Over 300 workers of the Aviation Handling Service Ghana, have been sent home in a redundancy exercise due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
A letter titled: “Notice of Redundancy,” dated March 4, 2021, and signed by Thierry Maillot, the Managing Director to the affected staff, made available to the Ghana News Agency at Tema, gave the staff only one month’s notification.
The letter stated: “your employment contract shall be terminated through Redundancy. We are hereby serving you with one month notice effective 5th March, 2021”.
The letter explained that the action was due to the negative impact of COVID-19 on its operations and the Aviation Industry as a whole.
The letter stressed that, the Management of Aviation Handling Service Ghana had to embark on the redundancy exercise effective April 6, 2021, to cut down on its workforce for its continuous existence.
It said: “The negotiated redundancy package is two-month basic salary for each year of service,” it noted, adding that the said amount would be paid in two equal instalments on the effective date of the redundancy exercise.
“During the last week of the notice period, you will be expected to hand over all company properties in your care to the Human Resources office.
“We thank you for your valuable services to Aviation Handling Service-Ghana over the years and we wish you well in your future endeavours”.
Wontumi, Akonta Mining Seek Court Order for Full Prosecution Disclosures
Central Regional Minister Hints at Staff Shake-Up at Awutu Senya East Assembly
GMet Warns of Localised Thunderstorms Across Accra and Key Cities Today
Ghana’s Current Account Surges as Cedi Strengthens in 2025
Black Stars Land in Pot 4 for 2026 World Cup Draw as Tough Opponents Await
Court Battle Over Daddy Lumba’s Nationality Sparks New Twist in Widowhood Dispute
UK Slaps 10-Year Visa Ban on 1,632 Ghanaians as Global Campaign Targets Fraud
Otumfuo Leads Final Bid to End the Bawku Conflict as Historic Mediation Nears Climax
Kasoa–Winneba Road to Be Completed by June 2026, Says Roads Minister