Published
5 years agoon
By
Adubianews
Founder of youth-led group Economic Fighters League Ernesto Yeboah has slammed the government and appointees describing them hypocrites.
Ernesto Yeboah says these politicians pretend as if they are fighting illegal miners but are the ones behind it.
Mr. Yeboah indicated that the galamsey fight had been a failure because the persons assigned to fight against it are the ones who are leading the cabal.
He said the actions being implemented today are only deceptive and will amount to no results.
He asked the government to take action and resolve the crisis we are faced with.
The government last week announced that all equipment that will be seized under a new effort to end galamsey will be destroyed on-site.
The operation which involves the deployment of 200 military personnel started last Wednesday.
The team have since seized and destroyed nine excavators, 127
changfans (washing machines), and one fuel pump which were being used for illegal mining in the river Pra.
Wontumi, Akonta Mining Seek Court Order for Full Prosecution Disclosures
Central Regional Minister Hints at Staff Shake-Up at Awutu Senya East Assembly
GMet Warns of Localised Thunderstorms Across Accra and Key Cities Today
Ghana’s Current Account Surges as Cedi Strengthens in 2025
Black Stars Land in Pot 4 for 2026 World Cup Draw as Tough Opponents Await
Court Battle Over Daddy Lumba’s Nationality Sparks New Twist in Widowhood Dispute
UK Slaps 10-Year Visa Ban on 1,632 Ghanaians as Global Campaign Targets Fraud
Otumfuo Leads Final Bid to End the Bawku Conflict as Historic Mediation Nears Climax
Kasoa–Winneba Road to Be Completed by June 2026, Says Roads Minister