The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has officially confirmed that Mrs Ophelia Hayford widow of the former Member of Parliament (MP) for Mfantsiman Constituency is their parliamentary candidate for the 2020 polls.
Until October 11, 2020, she was still a serving police officer and therefore had to resign in order to pave way for her political ambition.
Here are facts about the candidate which may do not know.
- She was Chief Inspector with the Ghana Police Service
- Ophelia Hayford worked with Interpol Unit at the CID Headquarters
- She joined the Ghana Police Service in 1993 as a recruit
- She is 47-years-old
- Until her retirement, she has served the service for 27 years
- She is a Christian
- Resigned officially on October 11, 2020
Meanwhile, a group calling itself the Concerned youth and citizens of the Mfantseman constituency have kicked against the proposed nomination of the widow of the murdered Member of Parliament (MP), Mr Ekow Quansah Hayford as the new Parliamentary Candidate to lead the Party in the 2020 polls.
According to a GNA report, the group is opting for another candidate arguing “We recommend Mr James Korsah – Brown to the NEC to be the replacement of our deceased MP as he is known to be active and has immensely contributed his quota towards the development of Mfantseman Constituency”
Source : ghwired