Reports gathered from the Motor Traffic and Transport Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service indicates that some roads in the capital city ‘Accra’ will be closed today, September 15, as some leaders of the ECOWAS community will be arriving in the country.
Apparently, 8 countries from this ECOWAS community will be expected to participate in the meeting. Superintendent Sasu Mensah of the MTTD stated on records that the closure of these roads is to enable safe, secure and free flow of these personalities to their various destinations.
Superintendent Sasu Mensah also made mention of the roads which will temporarily be closed and could also experience some delays during the visit. The roads are as follows;
- The Kotoka international airport to the liberation road to Opeibea
- The airport bypass to Giffard road through to the liberation road
- Kempinski hotel to the national theater on the Independence avenue
- The liberation road through to N4 to Peduase Lodge
- The liberation road from 37 to Obasanjo street, Tang palace hotel
- The independence avenue to Ako-Agyei
The superintendent used the opportunity to caution the general public to adhere to the traffic rules and regulations and also urged drivers to find other alternative routes to their various destinations in order to avoid any further delays.